Saturday, July 27, 2019

40 Days of Prayer for Education - Day 2


Day 2:
Then I was constantly at His side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in His presence,
Proverbs 8:30 
New International Version (NIV)





Our prayer today comes from the book of Proverbs. This book has hundreds of little nuggets of wisdom that, although written thousands of years ago, has never lost its ability to be embraced regardless of generation or culture.  

We find this verse nearing the end of a self-introduction by the Spirit of Wisdom. (I always have found this fascinating.) In this, she explains where you can find her, promises associated with seeking and obtaining her, and her role as a co-laborer with the Almighty God.

While our God truly needs no help from us to do anything, He has always used His creation (all things in the heavens above and the earth below) to declare His works and His ways to mankind.  It is here in Proverbs 8 that we learn the Spirit of Wisdom was right beside Him while He created the expanse of the universe. She was there peering over His shoulder and adding her two cents while He created our galaxy, Earth, and mankind.  It was Wisdom who was an assistant in the development of what we call “creation”.  

It’s not hard to believe her when she promises that she is readily available to be a blessing as well as a path to life and favor with the Lord because she has a relationship with God.  There are several translations that give us a clearer understanding of her role.

New Living Translation:  “ I was the architect at His side.”
New King James Version:  “I was beside Him as a master craftsman.”


Dear educator, as we begin this new school year, it is my prayer that we accept the assignment given to us by Jesus. He has given us His Holy Spirit so that we can fulfill that purpose in His power. Daily we are to work side by side with our Lord and Savior in our schools. Co-laboring with Him is the only way to do this job!



Today’s prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus,
I come before You as a willing worker.  Help me to utilize everything You have placed in me to fulfill the assignment to create a place in my school for Your presence to be revealed, recognized, and remembered.  May I consult with you daily and delight in Your plans.  Forgive me now Lord, if I have been complaining about my assigned school, grade level, students on my list, parents in my class, coworkers, or administrators. Instead, may I rejoice in how You choose to lead and use me this year.  Fill me, Jesus, with a heart of wonderment and amazement at Your abilities as I work side by side with You every day.

In Jesus’ name,
Amen

The Lord is with you and you are loved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment