Friday, July 26, 2019

40 Days of Prayer for Education - Day 1



Day 1 

 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also, He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true [they are accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy].”
Revelation 21:5 Amplified Bible (AMP)

I picked up a new card game the other day to keep our family entertained during these last few weeks of summer break.  I don’t know if you’ve heard of it or not.  It’s called, “DOS”… like “uno, dos, tres”, from the makers of the game “UNO”…of course…
Well, I figured it would be really easy to play, you know just holler out “dos” when you get down to two cards, instead of hollering out “uno” when you get down to one. Uh-uh, no ma’am!  This game has NEW cards, NEW rules, and NEW ways of getting points.  If I cracked open this deck and started playing using the rules of “UNO”, the result would be utter confusion!

Take me for instance; my family has just moved from our home of twelve years in a rural country setting to an urban area over a hundred miles east.  I am now in a new school division, at a new school, teaching a new grade level, waiting in my new apartment before moving into my new dream home. Aaaaannd I just learned last week that my new school will now have a new, earlier, start time!   But don’t cry for me (Argentina) … I also got a new salary! (Hallelujah! Thank You, Jesus!)

Whether or not you possess all the “newness” that I have on my plate, your return to this school year should be seen through the fresh, new eyes of Christ!  God may be the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. WE, on the other hand, are never to remain stagnant regardless of how fixed things may seem from year to year.  God charges us in His Word to grow in His grace and in His knowledge, daily dying to self, always pressing towards the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus. He truly makes all things new

The beginning of a new school year will be here before we know it.  Let's not enter this
year playing by last year’s rules. Toss them!  Let's crack open a new pack and get familiar with how God wants us to play! 

Determine to read and seek wisdom in His Word. 
Determine to start everything that you do with Him and you will win!




Today’s prayer:

Dear Jesus,
I come before you today thanking You for being our Sovereign God.  Thank you for being all-wise, all-knowing, in and out of time, all-loving, and in control.  As I begin this school year, I pray that my heart is encouraged as it is knit together with yours in love.  May I have the full assurance of understanding my salvation in You, develop a deeper intimacy with You this school year and grow in Christ Jesus in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.  Open up this knowledge to me, bless me with the treasures of wisdom this school year so that I may give You glory as Your Holy Spirit guides me in fulfilling every assignment You have for me.  I know some things may not be easy this year and I may not like everything that comes my way, but may I always seek You first in everything, big or small and obey Your counsel. 

In Jesus’ name I pray,
Amen

The Lord is with you and you are loved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment