Wednesday, July 24, 2019

2019-20 School Year Invitation to Prayer



Forty Days of Prayer for Education 2019

Sometime in 2015, I was given a little blank notebook. It was one those you might find in the dollar section of Target.  You know, all bedazzled, covered in shiny fabric and ready for a little girl to scribble in a multitude of hearts and rainbows.  I put it to the side for a while, (not being one to madly scribble hearts and rainbows) since I was clueless on how to use that little blank girly-girl book.  One day, after easily plucking off the fake gems, I took out a Sharpie and
wrote, “Scriptures for Teachers” on the front and resolved to fill up its pages so that I might have a pocket-sized prayer book with scripture just for my job.   While it's not the prettiest thing now, it has proven helpful over the years to provide a mid-day breather  during lunch, focus my thinking before I start my planning period, and assure me at the end of a rough day.

This year, in the spirit of newness, I’m deviating from simply reposting the blog entries from my e-book, “Forty Days of Prayer for Education” (though you're certainly welcome to go back into the archives and retrieve them), to pull from my little jewel plucked book of scriptures to share a prayer and maybe a thought or two as we prepare for this upcoming school year.  

Please feel free to send in your prayers and prayer requests.  I’d like to share them with your permission with everyone who logs on.  So join me, tell a friend and ask your church to begin to pray daily for the schools surrounding the church as well as those where their members may are working.   The wise men and women of the bible all inquired of the Lord before beginning any endeavor and sometimes they even double checked even when they heard if straight from heaven itself! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for blessing us with this assignment to educate YOUR students.  Thank You for this privilege.  Now as your servant Ezra did, we are coming to you to pray for a right and safe way for us and our children this school year.  Guide us in this time of prayer that we may pray fervently, effectively, and not amiss for our own personal gain.  We love and honor You,

In Jesus’ name,
Amen



* 40 Days of Prayer for Education official starts this Friday!  I'll be posting on Facebook and Twitter as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment