Monday, December 21, 2015

You Deserve A Break Today!



Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, He said to them, Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."    
– Mark 6:31


When I was a little girl, McDonald’s had this slogan that said, “You deserve a break today”.  Dear educator, this is so true.  You DO deserve a break today.  

Therefore I am officially authorizing you to put up your feet, lean back in your favorite chair and capture 40 winks.

 I guarantee you no one is coming to observe you, or call your name 2,500 times (You may hear it 250 times if you are the parents of small children.  I have no control over that!). 

I also guarantee you can use the bathroom at any point of today that you feel the need.  You don’t even have to wait until your eyes turn yellow, beige, ecru or mother of pearl. 




Just call me the Good Fairy of Education Land.

I think I’ll also let you eat lunch when you get hungry. With my magic wand I will enhance your taste buds so you can enjoy the flavors.  So chew slowly and taste the rainbow.  There’s no rush to be done.


Wait for it…
Wait for it…
Wait for it…

Do you hear that?  It’s my next gift.

 While I do love you, I don’t love you anywhere near as dearly and deeply as our Lord and Savior Jesus.  In the sixth book of Mark, He and His disciples had worked so hard, they couldn’t even eat.  Sound familiar?  So he called them to go away with him to rest.  It’s funny.  Jesus didn’t say,  Come with me to a quiet place to eat”. Hmmm.  Maybe being with Him, in His rest, under His watchful eye was more important…and more filling...

Just like a true disciple, you have walked with Jesus this school year and have been hard at work.  I would know. I’ve seen you in the hallways, read about you on Facebook, saw you in Wal-Mart buying 100 folders (really).  I've heard about your accomplishments on the news, saw your heartbreaks on TV, explored your ideas on Teacher Pay Teacher and even prayed for you. Now is the time to go away with him to get that well deserved rest and food that only He can provide.  
Take a break dear friend.  You deserve it.  Just remember, if you want a truly refreshing, invigorating and restoring break, include time with Jesus.  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Small print disclaimer: These guarantees are currently on hold for those dear educators who are currently at work and will be so until Wednesday the 23rd.  smh Please keep them in your prayers. 

I am currently working on a petition letter to El NiƱo.  If you would like to sign it to request at least three snow days spread across February and maybe even a free one in March, let me know.
  No need to thank me.







Please enjoy this weeks song!


No comments:

Post a Comment