Monday, November 23, 2015

Thankful for Thanksgiving - an excerpt from "Start Your Monday with the Master"

Image result for autumn pictures



I am so glad that the Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated in autumn.  In my opinion, it is the most beautiful season of all.  The trees burst forth vibrant colors of golden, scarlet and amber hues.  It’s enough to make one cry…sniff, sniff. 

Image result for autumn picturesOut of all the seasons, it was during autumn that one would find my youthful, chubby legs skipping merrily home from the bus stop.  My mom was sure to greet me with something good to eat when I walked in the door.  After wiping the fog from my glasses, I would plunk down and gobble it all up. 

Good food, good scenery and good family.   Sigh…

Yep, God is good and I have a lot to be thankful for.

For who You are:  Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

For what You have done:  Psalm 118:21
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.

No matter where I am:   Psalm 35:18
I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.

Lord, I thank You.
Oh magnify the Lord with me and let’s exalt His name together.


During your holiday break, make sure you take time to enjoy God's scenery and celebrate His goodness in your life.


Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.


 Please enjoy this week's song! 



No comments:

Post a Comment