Sunday, September 20, 2015

Back to School Tip: The Most Important Thing

One day I will actually enjoy the Labor Day weekend. However, as long as I continue to be a classroom teacher and mother of three girls (I’m blessed to have a senior, seventh and fifth grader), the Labor Day weekend will be full of labor. Since my household is a two educator paycheck household, I can’t just send my three princesses off to the salon or qualify for free back to school items. So I spent the greater part of the weekend doing this:
 
And dummy me, waited until the last minute to do this:






So now, I feel like this:
 Not to worry, I look forward to these stretched out moments. My family feels sorry for me most in the midst of these ice cream cone reviving fainting spells.  Unfortunately, there isn’t anyone awake right now to bring me an ice cream cone. Not that I need one at 8:30 am…. it is dairy though…right?

I’ve decided to go for something better. I’d like to suggest this to you as well for times when you may feel overwhelmed. It’s free, refreshing, better than ice cream and life altering. It’s time alone with God. Trust me. You do have time in your day for God. He’s the maker of time and I’m sure, if you ask, He’ll show you where you and He can indulge in some one on one.

Psalm 32:8 NIV gives us words from the Lord. He says, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” The bible also tells us in James 4: 8, “Come near to God and He will come near to you.” These verses only skim the tip of the ice berg when it comes to revealing God’s desire to be Lord of your life.

Whether the school year looks daunting or very promising, you will need the blessing, protection, grace, favor and peace of God the Father through the power and authority of our Savior, Jesus the Christ and the indwelling of His Holy Spirit to make it to the end. You were not designed to go through life without God, nor will you be successful at it. The same applies to the everyday workings of your God given assignment to be an educator. Only through Jesus, will you be able to be transformed (Romans 12:2) and aid your students in becoming the same way. That, my friend, will be the evidence of having a good school year.
Partake of the fullness of being His child and disciple. Immerse yourself daily in His love. There you find rest for your soul and strength for your journey.

Have a blessed school year.

The Lord is with you and you are loved,

Toni

Images retrieved from:


No comments:

Post a Comment